Saturday, January 1, 2011

:: "Happiness is a warm gun." - Lennon / McCartney

Or, as I alternately like to call it, ARs at dawn. I finally got to wring out my new to me Aimpoint Comp ML2 2x on my not new to me Ruger SR556, and was most pleased. It is mounted with an ARMS #17 Single Lever Tri-Lock Mount and an ARMS #22M68 Full Spacer.

I also got to test my mechanical zero I did on my Olympic after installing a TruGlo tritium fiber optic front sight and a Trijicon tritium rear sight, and it was happily dead on.

My brother from another mother (hereafter referred to as BFAM) sighted in his new Eotech 517.A65 that he added to his POF 415 as well, and was pleased with his new setup also.

It might be worthy of note that I also scored a third degree burn on the inside of my left leg from the bizzare happenstance of wearing cargo shorts and combat boots, plus my sock rolling down over the outside of my boot, plus a piece of extremely hot brass from a chamber that had had several magazines run through it in short order bouncing off the barricade and straight down inside my boot through the tiny gap that was created whejn my leg was twisted just so, where it got very painfully stuck. Ouch just doesn't really get there. Watch that brass, especially after you've cooked your chamber pretty well...and never trust the odds.

We also spent some time with the pistols, as we always do. BFAM worked out with with his new girlfriend (Springfield XDM in .45acp) although I'm not sure he's ready to divorce his current wives (H&K USP and H&K USP Compact), and me with my beloved old (pre PXT) Para Ordnance P14s. I also got to test out my new EMA "add on" rail, and it sucked. I'll post more details on that, plus the outcome of my as-yet-untested solution, later.

We both dumped a few mags through our Ruger LCPs, which seem to be breaking in successfully as well, and he sighted in his new Crimson Trace that he just added to his.





4 comments:

  1. The gun has long been a symbol of power and masculinity.


    purchase ammunition online - RealCat Arms carries a large selection of firearms, ammunition, tactical and hunting gear, as well as apparel and accessories

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gun is a normally tubular weapon or other device designed to discharge projectiles or other material.


    handgun accessories - RealCat Arms carries a large selection of firearms, ammunition, tactical and hunting gear, as well as apparel and accessories

    ReplyDelete

  3. RealCat Arms has a wide range of weapons, ammo, perfect and monitoring devices, as well as outfits and accessories
    firearm ammunition - RealCat Arms carries a large selection of firearms, ammunition, tactical and hunting gear, as well as apparel and accessories

    ReplyDelete

  4. RealCat Arms has a range of weapons, ammo, ideal and tracking equipment, as well as clothing and accessories
    firearms and accessories - RealCat Arms has a range of weapons, ammo, ideal and tracking equipment, as well as clothing and accessories

    ReplyDelete